« Home | Truth Among Reality » | My Real Resume » | The Song Remains The Same » | Immovable Objects » | Change of Pace » | Distortions » | The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth » | Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season » | The Death Of Ferdinand De Saussure » | Layout Change » 

Sunday, April 09, 2006 

A Celebration of Plenty

Step 1: Put your iTunes on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from (choose only ONE line!).
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Step 6: Once everyone seems to have run into a brick wall, add another line and the year the song came out.

After going through my twenty songs I was left with a surprisingly mainstream list. This really isn't as difficult as I remember it being. Oh well...

1) "The last survivor of a boiled crown
Another casualty with the casual frown
The janitor vandals they bark in your face
Juveniles with the piles and paste" (1996)

2) "After the glow, the scene, the stage, the set, talk becomes slow
but there’s one thing I’ll never forget: Hey, you gotta pay your dues before you
pay the rent." (1994)

3) "You should feel what I feel you should take what I tell you" Star Guitar - The Chemical Brothers

4) "Out here in the fields I fought for my meals" Baba O'Riley - The Who

5) "Somebody keep my balance I think I'm falling off" Jaded - Green Day

6) "Let's go! It's never too late to be early" Pulmonary Archery - Alexisonfire

7) "For have I, I've built a castle upon believing before I doubt
I have suffered but my friends say I have learned from it" (2003)

8) "It can't be love for there is no true love" The Union Forever - The White Stripes

9) "Got me a movie I want you to know" Debaser - The Pixies

10) "He’s in love with rock’n’roll woaahh
He’s in love with gettin’ stoned woaahh" (1977)

11) "If I could give you anything I would give you a kick
You'd rather have a dollar than a hug from your sis" (1990)

12) "When I look at you, oh, I don't know what I feel
Once in a while and you make me laugh" (1991)

13) "Well, is it true what they say about it?" Walk Idiot Walk - The Hives

14) "Come on over, and do the twist
Over do it, and have a fit" (1992)

15) "Things get hectic quick from the satellite dish to your joy stick
It's the night of the living cable box wires coming up from around the block" (1998)

16) "Morning came to pieces without offering. Is it still real?
Precious little pistol beaten senseless till she cant feel." (1996)

17) "I had this dream where I relished the fray" Nautical Disaster - The Tragically Hip

18) "Heard about your wife and kids where we slept I'm Still Your Fag - Broken Social Scene

19) "Once - The dogs have quit their barking
"Son," - my neighbor said to me." (2005)

20) "There's a little child running round this house" Fog - Radiohead

3) Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar
5) Green Day - Jaded
6) Alexisonfire - Pulmonary Archery
8) The White Stripes - The Union Forever
9) Pixies - Debaser
13) Hives - Walk Idiot Walk
17) Tragically Hip - Nautical Disaster
20) Radiohead - Fog

James, where's the Kelly Clarkson?

Oh and 18) BSS - I'm Still Your Fag. Don't know how I missed that the first time around...

4. "Teenage Wasteland" - The Who

14) Aneurysm - Nirvana

I'm chipping away at this.

Post a Comment