« Home | Distortions » | The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth » | Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season » | The Death Of Ferdinand De Saussure » | Layout Change » | Loser Engineers » | Hipster Assholes » | Life Without Cussin' » | Law Project 2.0 » | Like Spinning Plates » 

Friday, March 24, 2006 

Change of Pace

With my life recently focused on a certain 4th year project, I seem to have lost the ability to see or hear anything else.

I know the story before it's going to be written, a path chosen with consequences as inevitable as the rising sun. A clash of styles, a clash of cultures, a clash of control.

"Well, I know I didn't do much for the report so I'll print it off."

Yeah, that's a fair fucking deal. You spend $2 on the printing costs and I devote my week to working on the report, neglecting my other six classes to the point where I'll be spending all weekend playing catch-up. And it's not like next week isn't going to be same. A feeling of deja-vu already with an oral presentation set to occur in one week's time.

I spent the day thinking about the future while trying to escape the present. I registered accounts at monster.ca and workopolis.com and updated a resume that hadn't been truly worked on in three years, thanks to a repeating job at the Ministry. It doesn't look too bad but any job that might require a transcript is a job that I doubt I'm going to get. Some embarrassing marks on there, maybe I could pass them off if I went somewhere else. But a D+ at Windsor, probably looks a lot worse than a D+ at U of T.

Happier times ahead:
Radiohead in Montreal? Toronto can't be far behind.
Feist Remix Album
New Flaming Lips. Click on audio, make sure 'random play' is turned off and enjoy.