« Home | Perfection Denied » | Off to the DL » | Sound of One Hand Typing?! » | Offline Time » | Cold Wind » | Numb » | Hot Cross Buns » | Wish List » | Afganistananis with AIDS » | May Contain Coarse Language (Reader Discretion Is ... » 

Thursday, August 10, 2006 

Let's Push Things Forward

So I sat down here tonight with the intention of writing a rather lengthy post about honesty. Not brutal honesty, the kind that leads to hurt feelings and ruined relationships but the kind that we seem to overlook. At what point did we become so sensitive that even constructive criticism in a casual atmosphere has become unwelcome as it is felt to be inappropriate. Or are we all inherently stubborn to the point that any outside advice is discarded.

It's been decided the 50% of the time I'm sarcastic, 40% I'm lying and 10% I'm being honest. Not the first and last are mutually exclusive, I suppose there is such a thing as sarcastic honesty.

Anyways, on to other thoughts...the semester is done. No more assignments, only exams to look forward to. Iron ring dinner tomorrow night, i.e. getting wrecked on a Thursday. 'Tis a shame that I won't be getting my ring but that's life and I don't mind waiting until March to get it with the Bag and Tops. (How inside is the latter?)

Now that it's all over, I've pretty sure I managed to avoid any symptoms of 'senioritis' and any drop in marks this semester can be attributed to other things this semester. Besides last semester was my second highest average so far. So I done good.

Strokes and Kid Koala added to the Virgin Festival. As if I wasn't excited enough, now things are building to an orgasmic explosion of rock and/or roll. Plans to crash on Hanlan's Point no longer seem to be feasible. Oh well, what seemed so simple in the moonlight.

As Min Min said, it's been ten years since the infamous Mexico trip resulting in my only broken bone. Now that seems like a lifetime ago.

Scarborough's Best Magazine
A Sweet Illusion
Stupid Math Shit (Only half of these are funny. I'd go with number 3, 4 and 6.)

Positive thinking for today, S.V.P. Merci.