« Home | Afganistananis with AIDS » | May Contain Coarse Language (Reader Discretion Is ... » | Looks Just Like The Sun » | Looking for a Summer Job? No Pay. » | Mad Ballin' Shit » | SMASH!!! » | I'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the b... » | WTF, mate? » | So simple in the moonlight... » | mais pourquoi? » 

Saturday, July 22, 2006 

Wish List

Margaritas, Kokanees, Stellas and cake; a precursor to tomorrow. I got something burning inside me but the problem is that I can't figure out what it's for. I know what soothes it, Elliot Smith (specifically, Waltz #2). I wish I had the ability to transcribe the emotions which run through my body. Others can write in prose, I write in bulk. Words scooped out of bin and thrown on some paper for a discounted price.

I wish I could write a song.
I wish I could play an instrument.
I wish I was creative.
I wish I wasn't such an indie-hipster poseur fucktard. (See the new sidebar below.)
I wish I wasn't a wreck sometimes.

It was a question that I was still unprepared to answer. I feel bad since this was the type of the thing that I should have buried in my heart, always a more reliable source than the brain. In stumbling through details and forgetting facts, I feel like I've done a disservice. That in my ignorance I've let him down. It's always easier to block out that one major problem than it is to block out those dozens of minor ones. And it's the former that's causing all of the problems.

I wish I could have the music tapped directly into my brain.

it's ok, it's alright, nothing's wrong
tell mr. man with impossible plans to just leave me alone
in the place where i make no mistakes
in the place where i have what it takes