« Home | mais pourquoi? » | Deal and Gordon » | Battered » | Re-emerged » | Chocolate Coating, Cyanide Filling » | Eclipsed Horizon » | Drudging Around » | Good Time For A Laugh » | Uptight » | Drained » 

Monday, July 10, 2006 

So simple in the moonlight...

Anthems For A Seventeen Year-Old Girl fucking kills me. I can barely listen to it any more.

I am but a mere Bright Eyes loving fool. As much as I may project a tougher exterior or may act like a fool or a punk (in the non-musical sense), I'm an emotional sucker at heart. I don't take nearly enough drugs to be as mellow as I often am. This is utter bollocks... NEXT TOPIC!!!

I create these obscure connections with the memories of my life, 99% of which revolve around music. I have all of these memories and each one has a corresponding soundtrack. A drive back from Edgefest with Pinkerton playing or a drive back from Laura's with Just Like Heaven coming from the Edge. Sitting at home in Grade 9 or so, listening to Above by Finger Eleven and discovering the internet while listening to OK Computer. Sitting on a bus surrounded by thousands of windmills with streams of Rilo Kiley and the Raveonettes floating around me. This is my drug. What is it like to have a normal memory?

I don't have nearly enough pictures of the things that are important in my life. It's a major oversight.



Lua, off the Coachella DVD.