« Home | James Feat. James » | Under The Covers » | Big Plans For Little Fishes » | Distortions » | Need To Change My Diet So I Can Poo Clouds » | Pork Pie Hat » | Going to Try and Stay Regular Again » | Substitute Your Lies For Fact » | Lost Art of Keeping a Secret » | Spitfire » 

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 

And That's A Wrap...

I'm not sure if it's the end of the year or the fact that I'm finally finished school but I've spent the last few days running through the memories of the past 10+ years. It's weird that I have very few memories of going to school before going to Churchill. I can remember classrooms and teachers and walking into a stop sign at the Science Centre in Grade 2 and getting a bloody nose but not much more. I remember getting called down to the office to write the "gifted" test and I remember getting into arguments with my dad about not wanting to go to this weird school half away across Scarborough. I remember the first day of school in Grade 4, walking around the schoolyard by myself, checking it out, wondering where everyone from my class went. Contracts and trips to McDonald's, gutting that fish, matrices or bringing ornaments for the class tree and Rachel dropping them. I still use the ornaments that she gave me to replace them to decorate my tree. It's bizarre to think that was 15 years ago.

Let's face it. We were annoying brats and it's a miracle that they actually found teachers willing to teach us. Or substitutes willing to come in and tolerate us for a day.

It's been a year designated for remembrance. To remember the things that are truly important in our lives. We can always squeeze in one more dinner, one more trip to the alley or one more trip to McCoy's.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.