« Home | Pork Pie Hat » | Going to Try and Stay Regular Again » | Substitute Your Lies For Fact » | Lost Art of Keeping a Secret » | Spitfire » | Let's Push Things Forward » | Perfection Denied » | Off to the DL » | Sound of One Hand Typing?! » | Offline Time » 

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 

Need To Change My Diet So I Can Poo Clouds

I never know what to title this thing anymore so this stretch of randomness will continue on.

Over the past two weeks, I've written almost a half-dozen uncompleted posts that have been left to rot in that void between my brain and the internet. I don't know if I'm going to try and change my recent posting habits or go back to posting almost daily. It'll be pretty quick as my life has once again restored a sense of normalcy.

A phone bill does a surprisingly good job of keeping track of the events of your life. For instance, why I felt the need to make 13 long-distance phone calls on July 23 or another 9 on the following weekend. This phone bill is the last tangible thing connecting me to Windsor and my house there. Maybe there's a sub-conscious reason for not paying it or it could be because I forgot to pay it last month and it's a substantial amount.

I'm off to see Tool on Saturday, TV on the Radio next Thursday and Kid Koala on October 27. I really don't think I can over-hype the latter. It's a really good time and there's a reason why I'm going to see him for a fifth time. (Alright, two of those times he was opening for Radiohead. But it was still awesome.) Whenever Buck 65 makes it back, I'll have to check that out too. I need me some Centaur.

It's almost hockey time and with that means the return of the fantasy pools. I did a draft on Monday to kill some time. [I got Malkin in the 11th round (pick 126). People are idiots.] Looking at player names and wondering about who'll bust and who'll surprise, got me to thinking about how much I miss Phil. Much of our time in Windsor was spent arguing about stupid things like fantasy hockey or football or basketball. Phil always wanted to put in crazy categories like shorthanded points and faceoff wins. Individual defensive players in football and other seemingly random categories. Pizza dinners with him, Alfred and myself where all we would talk about was hockey. We all wanted Stattracker but we didn't want to all pay for it so Phil bought it with his credit card and gave us his password so we could all use it. That's just the type of guy that we was. I still wish he was here and it'll never seem right.

I went back to Fit 4 Life last night and signed back up for 12 months (+ 2 free months) with the intended goal of getting some muscles again. And getting back that 15 pounds I lost since last summer. I liked how I felt at 165 and I want to get back to it. Unfortunately, this time I'll have no one to push me and it's going to be up to me to keep myself motivated and healthy. It's the latter that derailed me last time. Running into the goalpast, heat stroke and the flu within a month did a nice job of that.

I went to Supermarket in Kensington last Thursday with a friend from Windsor who's here for Med School at U of T. Really, really good. Highly recommended. Nothing like good food, hipsters and a little Feist in the background to make a guy feel at home. And along with that, it reminded me why I need to spend more time trying new restaurants downtown. There's so many good restaurants in this city and I've got to try to try them all.