« Home | The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades » | Geezers Need Excitement » | Getting Smaller » | Election Time » | Bullseye » | The Other "Fifth" Beatle » | Flushed Away » | I Ran (So Far Away) » | Could Lois Lane Have Superman's Baby? » | I Caved » 

Sunday, December 04, 2005 

Lacking Toasty Goodness

A couple of months ago, I raved about the fact that a Quizno's had opened up down the street. I was especially happy about this fact during my sickness when I realized it was the only food establishment in the area that a)had chicken noodle soup 100% of the time and b)was non-smoking. I went down there today to get a nice sandwich even though I had food at home; I had a craving. It was closed. It turns out the owner of the store owed the landlord from whom he was renting the property approximately $7000. The landlord contacted a bailiff and they shut the place down. He has five days to pay him the money or it seems the Quizno's is gone forever which would leave my off-campus eating possibilities to the local pita place or Harvey's (which isn't bad now that I get a Grilled Chicken Sandwich/Salad/Lemonade combo).

I happened to catch the end of SNL tonight including the musical guest. I didn't know who the musical guest was or the host. Now that I've looked it up, it was Dane Cook hosting and James Blunt as the musical act. I don't know who either of these people are. For better or for worse...

Stephen Harper today introduced his plan for mandatory minimum sentences for individuals who deal drugs. To this I have to quote the great lyricists from System of a Down and say:

"All research and successful drug policy show
That treatment should be increased,
And law enforcement decreased,
While abolishing mandatory minimum sentences."

Prison Song: one of the best opening tracks of all time.

Remember that Nintendo 2 hour infomercial called The Wizard? Remember the girl in that movie? The one who made out with Fred Savage. It turns out she's the lead singer of one my favourite bands, Rilo Kiley. Yes, Jenny Lewis from Rilo Kiley was in The Wizard. It's creepy. Does this cost her indie cred? I mean she was only ten when she was in the movie. But on the other hand, she did sing backup on the Postal Service album. A great debate for this generation.