« Home | Could Lois Lane Have Superman's Baby? » | I Caved » | Trans-Atlantic Drawl » | Hockey Season » | Stolen From Peter » | A Lasting Impact » | Sports Thoughts » | Fix Up, Look Sharp - Dizzee Rascal » | For All Your Branding Needs » | Pearl Jam Setlist » 

Friday, November 25, 2005 

I Ran (So Far Away)

Retro is the zombiefication of modern music. Music comes and music goes but those few select tunes that are deemed worthy are brought back to life. And now they have an unholy crypt of the undead, the Edge live from Velvet Underground. My Sunday night music fix is back and better than ever. There's nothing really to base that on except for the fact the Velvet is on Queen West and not part of the Entertainment District which means no more having to park down there. And we all remember what kind of hell that is.

Broken Social Scene has become a security blanket. A band whose songs I hold on to like Linus does with his nasty old blanket. Listening to Almost Crimes seems to release a rush of endorphins through my body and it just warms me right up. I feel almost guilty for saying that I didn't fully appreciate them until I saw them live this summer. The live shows just gives the album a whole different level.

Three artists/bands/groups starting with the letter 'A' that I wish I knew more about:
Avalanches
Animal Collective
AC/DC
American Analog Set