« Home | Thought of the Day » | Turn a Square » | Some Leafs Thoughts... » | Brothers and Sisters » | Twisted Logic » | Wrong Place, Wrong Time » | Special Ed? No, Just Handicapped. » | Football Fans... » | Stumbling Back, Mumbling Under My Breath » | The Oneness Trilateral » 

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 

Pearl Jam Setlist

Ed solo: Porch

Set list: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Small Town, Even Flow, Habit, Daughter, Better Man, 1/2 Full, Black, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Present Tense, Wishlist, Harvest Moon, Indifference, Alive

2nd encore: Blood, Jeremy, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World w/Bono and Sleater Kinney, Yellow Ledbetter

Taking the bus back to Windsor today, I saw the front of the Toronto Sun with a picture of Eddie Vedder on it. Front page? Nice, they probably went "all-out" with a review. At this point I wish someone was there to slap me upside the head and say, "You idiot. You're talking about The Sun. How stupid are you?" Well, there wasn't and I deposited my dollar into the box (I was in London at the time) and got the paper.

3 out of 5 stars.


No mention of Bono coming out for Rockin' in the Free World.

"Pearl Jam in 2005 has little to offer anyone but their, albeit many, diehard fans. The audience knows every word, every nuance and new trick from guitarists Stone Gossard and Mike McCready, delighting in the extended solos and clever combinations of hits, album tracks and covers."

Is this Pearl Jam or the Rolling Stones, who I'm sure the Sun will be all over with a 5-star review? Maybe the reviewer doesn't enjoy Pearl Jam's political leanings or the makepovertyhistory booths littering the ACC. 3 stars? You're shitting me.

Interpol will be in 8 days. So I'm back home in a week. Nice life.

You may recall my Transport Phenomena story from back in May? Well, I ended up with a D-. So I took a re-write of the final in Augist and pulled out a D+. Was it worth all of the studying and the drive down to Windsor to write it? It doesn't really seem like it.

More regular updates coming now that I've got nothing else to do here.