« Home | Election Time » | Bullseye » | The Other "Fifth" Beatle » | Flushed Away » | I Ran (So Far Away) » | Could Lois Lane Have Superman's Baby? » | I Caved » | Trans-Atlantic Drawl » | Hockey Season » | Stolen From Peter » 

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 

Getting Smaller

We'll start off with something that really, really pissed me off today.

John McCain: Torture Worked on Me


Newsmax, you worthless pieces of shit. Never mind the over-riding themes of how immoral toture is. Read your own article. McCain said he gave up no valuable information and when he eventually did, it was false information. The toture didn't even have a positive effect, with respect to gathering information. Assholes...

For the past week and a half, I've been trying to discover what those things are that keep me "up". I wanted to use this space to document them but I've been unable to qualify my thoughts. I've discovered my happiness doesn't stem from physical things, and this is not another slam against materialism, bear with me. Words have a much stronger effect on me than most anything else. Words of affection, words of support, words of nostalgia, words of understanding.

Someone expressed a sentiment to me a number of months ago. I'm glad they felt the way they did but I didn't really understand. Now that the tables are somewhat reversed and I completely understand what they meant. It's a source of happiness and strength for me that is completely unrelated to everything that I do. It took me a while but I got it.

Don't get offended
If I seem absent minded
Just keep telling me facts
And keep making me smile
Don't get offended
If I seem absent minded
I get tongue-tied
Baby, you've got to be more discerning
I've never known what's good for me
I will be yours


This Modern Love - Bloc Party

You're awesome James! Like a certain 6 year old LW who's going to win the Hart Trophy. Or that goalie from Philadelphia who's going to kill my team this week. But mostly you're awesome because you're like that team from the Big East who's 5-0 to start the year. You're unbeatable!

Post a Comment