« Home | The End Of The World... » | It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas » | Chewing Gum » | Little Thoughts » | Jumping Off The Cliff » | Election Thoughts » | The Clock Is Ticking... » | N'oublions jamais. » | Stories From Degrassi » | Lacking Toasty Goodness » 

Monday, January 16, 2006 

Not Edited For The Sake Of Clarity

Think of the people in your life. Now imagine you met them in a different environment, a different setting, a different time. Would your friends from school still be your friends if you met them through work? Would you be dating your present partner if you had met in high school or through university?

We all have numerous characteristics that others don't see simply because of timing. As far as all you know, I could be universally reviled here in Windsor but you never get to see that side of me. Maybe if I had met one of you through my summer job, maybe some of my behaviour at work would've rubbed you the wrong way. But you've never seen me in a work environment.

Is it that we keep things hidden out of view or is it that when the other "side" comes through we just tend to ignore it as a one-off issue?

i'm pretty sure you rub me the wrong way--always.

Post a Comment