« Home | Clueless and Bored » | What A Nice Present » | Drinkin' in L.A. » | Perfection » | Me Fail Transport? That's Very Possible. » | Speaking Without Moving My Lips » | Bigmouth Strikes Again » | Tired of Sex(tet of Exams) » | Edgefest Lineup » | Cold Light, Hot Night » 

Thursday, May 12, 2005 

Confessions of a Convicted Spammer

My Internet service at home has been suspended by Rogers since our house was allegedly sending out a crapload of spam. Though I don't really know how this works, I assume the bulk of it was coming from my computer due to my recent spyware issues. I thought I had done a decent job of the clean-up but that's obviously not the case. So I have to use work time to check emails and everyday I come in and seem to have 7 new ones. Mostly dealing with pelting of certain individuals with rocks.

It's pretty boring around here without any other students. I'm guessing more are starting next week or there just isn't the money that there was in the past. There is another student in my office though we honestly have little in common. He seems to be a huge Howard Stern fan, I didn't realise people still listened to him and he's got a bit too much book smarts and not enough street smarts for my liking. Especially in a job when a large portion of your work comes to you on the fly, it's not an advantageous characteristic. Perhaps I'll be taking care of all of that stuff.

A-, B+, B, B, C+. Disappointing marks. I was hoping that at least two of those Bs would've been As and that C would've disappeared. Plus there is still Transport. Which is where I get to re-write the final during the third week of August to try and salvage a C. It's depressing to think of all the work that I put into my courses this semester to come out with these marks.

Coachella Thoughts #2
Los Angeles is a piece of crap. We talked to so many people and absolutely no one had anything positive to say about it. This includes the now classic line, "Los Angeles is a city that lives off the souls of its residents." The smog is disgusting, the dilapidation is horrid and the people pissing themselves laughing during Sin City was incredibly annoying. (Good movie though.) If we were ever to go back to Coachella, I'd choose to completely avoid L.A., nothing good came out of our time there. Santa Monica was nice and Venice Beach was interesting and the record store was sick but next time, we need to find two more people and take two weeks and drive down and back. Have a road trip of it. See Omaha.