« Home | What A Nice Present » | Drinkin' in L.A. » | Perfection » | Me Fail Transport? That's Very Possible. » | Speaking Without Moving My Lips » | Bigmouth Strikes Again » | Tired of Sex(tet of Exams) » | Edgefest Lineup » | Cold Light, Hot Night » | Gnawing Away » 

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 

Clueless and Bored

So I’m sitting at work with little-to-nothing to do so far. It took all of yesterday for to actually be able to log in to my computer and it pretty much took all of this morning to get me access to my email. This was never disabled from last summer which left me with 1500 messages in my inbox.

There seems to be semi-/bi-weekly hockey games at lunch, supposed to be Tuesday and Thursday but today's game seems to have dissipated. Too bad, I was looking forward to that.

Firewalls have been dropped meaning I now have access to my Yahoo and Hotmail email accounts and MSN too. Hopefully others will begin to realize that their firewalls aren't as secure as originally thought.

I went out today at lunch to pick up the new Weezer album. A first day buy. And got me thinking how many bands are still around that once a new album comes out, I'll be at the store the first day to get it. Weezer, Radiohead, The Arcade Fire, The Shins, The White Stripes and The Strokes. I think that's it. I guess that means something though I'm not really sure what it is.

Coachella Thoughts #1
Memories of this trip continue to fade in and out of my head as the days go on so I'll just repost something I had written elsewhere for today.

The Arcade Fire were amazing. I spent the whole weekend hyping them up and they did not disappoint. I thought I was going to die during NIN but near the front where I was, everyone sort of settled down after the first few songs. As much as I love New Order, NIN and Prodigy, the climax of Coachella was The Arcade Fire set. 25 bands in 2 days, running ourselves ragged, losing 7 pounds in a week. I honestly cannot wait until next year and the possibility of coming again.

P.S. Saturday was good too. Shame about having to choose between Coldplay and the Chemical Brothers.

Pictures are on the way...